The upgrade and refurbishment of St John's Church Hall in Church Lane is now finished!
This facility is now available to the whole community to book and use.
The improvements include new double- glazing throughout, new front steps and access ramps for wheelchairs and buggies, a new disabled toilet with baby-change facilities and a new, wheelchair friendly, kitchen with cooking facilities (oven, induction hob, microwave and fridge).
The Hall has a warm, cosy feel and is flooded with natural light. It's an excellent venue for small groups, meetings etc -- Booking
Everyone at St John's Church would like to thank all who contributed to our appeal and made the Hall upgrade possible.
Early exterior repair and painting
Saturday 14th October 2017
10 am: Grand Reopening of the Hall by Councillors Stuart and Margaret Parker and Guest of Honour Mrs Sheila Button
This will be followed by open viewing of the Hall till 5 pm.
Sunday 15th October 2017 12-5 pm: open viewing of the Hall.
Monday 16th October 2017 2 - 8 pm: open viewing of the Hall.
Refreshments will be served throughout the open viewing sessions. Please come along at any of the above times to view the facilities and see what the Church Hall could offer you or your group.
The Hall is available to hire eg:
• Parties for all age groups
• Meetings, clubs, courses
• Physical exercise groups e.g keep fit , yoga, dance, pilates
• Group activites requiring natural light e.g. painting, drawing, art
• Games e.g bridge for clubs, meetings, parties etc.
Please see St John's website for details or contact the bookings secretary Adrian Bunnell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cafe at the Church Hall
Cafe in the Church Hall opens on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month from 10 am to midday. See website for details.
SUMMARY OF THE UPGRADE
The Church Hall Upgrade aimed to improve the building to make it accessible to and usable by everybody in the community and to bring the facilities and building up to modern standards.
The Improvements comprise four main elements:
• Access – Step and ramp access for users of all abilities and for pushchairs. Emergency exit moved to new location. All illuminated for safe access and exit in low light conditions.
• Kitchen – Completely new modern kitchen with cooking facilities suitable for use by disabled persons.
• Toilets – One toilet with disabled access and baby changing facilities, re-using the space currently occupied by two separate toilets.
• Windows - New double glazed windows to help improve the insulation and heat conservation.