C of E Churches in the locality
Rev Mark Hart
|Website for St John's and St Peter's|
St Peter's Church,
St Johns's Church,
|These two churches serve the Church of England parishes of
Guilden Sutton (including parts of Piper's Ash) and Plemstall (incorporating
Mickle Trafford, Hoole Village, Picton, Bridge Trafford). The parishes
have been united for over 50 years, being served by the same Vicar, and
there is much co-operation between the two churches.
St John the Baptist Church was built in 1815. It is a simple structure, modest in size, giving a warm intimate feel to the worship space, and flooded with natural light. It has its own churchyard.
The church interior was attractively re-ordered in 2001, with the removal of the chancel screen and choir stalls, some levelling of the floor, provision of a toilet, and improvements to the entrance.
St John's is open for visitors during the day. This provides an opportunity for people to come and look around, and to pray in an atmosphere of peace and quiet.